Sunday, April 29, 2007

Goody Mail

I received some lovely goodies in the mail over the past few days. The first picture shown is two more April birthday swap cards. The top one is from Kim and has dimensional flower petals. The colors on this are superb. Thanks Kim. I love it. The next card is from Dianne. Another awesome card. It's a bit hard to tell in the picture, but the triangular shape on the left has a face on it. The triangular shaped fabric also looks one color in one direction, then if you shift it to another angle the color looks different. I think that illusion is called holographic???? Someone let me know if I'm right or wrong there. Thanks Dianne, my card is beautiful.


The next two photos are the fabric pages that Lynda sent me. My theme is nature in this swap. Lynda created her page from a William Morris design. She's written about her process on her blog. Be sure to check it out. Lynda actually ended up sending me two pages each in a different color way. I love both of them. And she always makes the greatest tags to go along with her art. Thanks Lynda.



The last photo here is a little of what I did over the weekend. I got a couple more Go Girl Handbags started. I've got the outer panels ready to applique and I've pulled all the fabrics for each bag.


And lastly, I'd like to issue a challenge to anyone who might be looking at my blog and hasn't ever left a comment, even just to say "hi". I'd love to hear from you!

18 comments:

  1. O.K. I accept your challenge ... so, "Hi!"
    tee hee
    Mrs. R.
    Nova Scotia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, accept your challenge and will leave a comment. I think your work is awesome. I don't even recall how I came across your blog. You know how it gets to be with reading blogs and going from one to another. Now I check it out nearly every day. I love your faces!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Terri. I know I'm an old commenter, but it is a great feeling when people just leave the tiniest comment isn't it? you really feel there is someone out there interested in what you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems like maybe I've left a comment once or twice before - or maybe not. I've been reading so many blogs and enjoying them since I hooked up with TAST that they all run together. I certainly recognize your work now when I see it somewhere else. I'm watching it from Chicago

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, and I´m looking forward to your wonderful new bags.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very, very nice, thank you
    Have a good week

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I've left comments before, and will again I'm sure. But I have a question. Have you ever done a Go Girl bag in black and white? I bet that would be stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you had a wonderful birthday month!! Lynda's pages are so lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its not the first time I comment on your blog, but I hope its ok. when I say : I will always...visit your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there, this is my first time to your blog. I came over from your comment on Cynthia Guajardo's blog feature of me. Did that make sense?? Anyway, my name is Paula Manning-Lewis and I also have a blog, so come over and check it out when you get the chance.

    Your work is absolutely lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there :) Oh no, I like those colors for the Go Girl bags too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. don't know whether I have ever left a comment on your blog before, but I've been reading it for a while now. so, in case I haven't, I accept your challenge with pleasure, and say a big HI from sunny kuwait.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am saying Hi too, not that i look at. other blogs a lot as no time but when it does I love to see what every one is doing and i love your bags

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi from sunny England. Picked up a link to your blog from someone doing TAST (can't remember who) and have added you to my ever growing bloglines. Love your style and enjoy reading your blog.

    Carol-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi,
    I found your blog via Kirstin LaFlamme. I love your cat illustrations and your mandala.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm pretty sure I've commented before, but perhaps not - I can't always remember. Anyway, Hi! Love that silk fusion (wrong day, but whatever)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Barbara BaylisMay 10, 2007 8:51 PM

    Hi : I am taking your challange and leaving you a comment WOW ! Love your Blog and your talent too.
    I am hoping this will encourage me to get going, I have been in kind of a slump lately. I am a Soft Cloth Doll Maker but like all kinds of crafts. I need to get going on some OTC cards or some pages.
    Love your bags. I have been interested in making some bags myself. Now to take the time to get started.
    I live in Southern NH just 40 miles north of Boston. Do love this area.
    TTFN,
    Barb Baylis

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.