Monday, February 12, 2007

Spot of Tea?

Today I was again surprised by a box in the mail. This box contained the fabulous teapot that Sue created. Did you know I have a teapot collection? Well it's a small collection, which is good, because I don't have much room for any more. The collection I have is mostly teapots with cats on them. And maybe a couple or so with some other design that caught my fancy. Well I'm thinking I'm going to have to start a fabric teapot collection. Don't you? Thanks Sue, I feel honored to have your first teapot in my collection.


Here is a photo showing the before and after of the felted pouches. I'm getting a bit of variation in the afters. Some are bigger and some are smaller and the shapes vary also. Don't know exactly what is causing this, maybe my tension, maybe a few extra rows of knitting. Oh well...I guess they each have their own personality this way. I've got three more drying right now. I need to get the linings and zippers put into them. I've also got more planned for knitting.

8 comments:

  1. What a wonderful collaboration those teapots are!
    I also love your puches. I wonder if it would be possible to knit wool and felt it with the embellisher? You have inspired me to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like the teapot Terri, I had no idea you collected them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The teapots are so cool! You could have a whole fiber teapot collection - next one could be knitted and felted! It's interesting to see the pouches before and after felting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ... just need to organise my flight and I'll be over for a cup of tea!! What a wonderful surprise to receive the teapot:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great surprise to receive the teapots!

    I like projects that take a personality of their own :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful gift to receive in the mail Terri, lucky you! I think a little collection of fabric teapots would look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fabulous is that teapot, what a wonderful start to a new collection.

    love the pouches, anyone who can knit for more than 10 minutes has my admiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the teapot!! It will really zing up your collection. The knitting, Terri, did you knit in the coloured bits or they are embroidered in afterwards? Also, how hot do you have the water in the machine when you felt it? By the way, love the purses!!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.