Sunday, February 11, 2007

Christmas Again

I received the most wonderful gift in the mail yesterday. I had no idea I was going to receive it and am still baffled as to why, buy hey, it was kind of like Christmas. This lovely journal book was made by Carol Straus. Thank you so much Carol, you have a kind and generous soul.



Today I finished up this little doo dad. It started out as wool yarn. I then knit it. Then I threw it into the washer with hot water and this is what came out. A little felted pouch. It measures just under 6" across the top. You could use it for a coin purse, some make up, or anything. I put a lining in it and a zipper closure. I had lots of fun making it and am in the process of making more. Stay tuned.


11 comments:

  1. Lucky you to have received a journal! Love the little felted pouch. Was it in the shape of a pouch when you washed it or did you turn it into a pouch after it came out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice mail day! Now, what are you going to put in that lovely journal? Cool pouch too - love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That journal is really nice Terri, lucky you. Your little felt pouch is wonderful too. Did you take any 'before' pictures that we could see?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky that you received one of Carol's creations. It's beautiful. Also, love the color on the felted purse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so lucky - the journal cover is gorgeous. Love your little purse!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! don't you just love being RAK-ed !!! good for you....and your little coin purse is just adorable! love the color...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with everyone - love the color of the coin purse. Nice size and shape as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the journal! What a great present :)

    Great coin purse!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a nice surprise. The journal is lovely. I really like your little pouch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. great gift lucky you
    and I love the little purse

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this little coin purse (and green is not usually a fav colour) :)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.