Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Experiments (playtime)

Experiments really mean playing. And who doesn't like playing.....NOT ME! This first photo shows my results with water soluble paper. I followed the instructions from Maggie Grey's article in Cloth Paper Scissors mag Jan/Feb 2007. This was the paper casting technique. I found it to be very easy. I followed the instructions as given and didn't deviate from them. As I wet the soluble paper on the stamp it turns mushy/pulpy. This is when it was easy to push it into the rubber stamp. I didn't color my paper while wet. I painted with some acrylic paint, using a dry brush method. Next time I may try coloring the paper while wet. I think I will try adding one to a fabric project. Stay tuned.


My next experiment was to do silk fusion. I've seen some luscious silk fusion all over the internet and just knew someday I'd give it a go. Well someday is here. I used silk roving that was already colored. This picture hardly does the color justice. What looks like gray is actually a shade of purple or purple/gray. Trust me it looks so much prettier in person. Now to make something with it.

14 comments:

  1. I can see I'm going to have to clear some space in the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice to take a day to just play and your day was quite successful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love new things and I love that you are showing and telling. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your castings look great. Glad you were successful. Exactly which brand of soluble paper did you use?

    The silk fusion color is yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see you've had fun! Can't wait to see how the paper casting progresses :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks great.
    I should try this paper casting with my Indian blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad your paper casting was a success. Look forward to seeing what else you do with it.
    Silk fusion - is that what I refer to as 'silk paper'? Did you make it with CMC/wallpaper paste?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll say that the paper casting was a success! You got great results. Love that fish one. And your silk fusion looks terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This turned out great, must dig out my soluble paper,

    ReplyDelete
  10. The experiments turned out really well. I love seeing all the things that you try.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Terri,
    I love the paper casting results. Sounds like fun. And you know how I feel about the colours of the silk fusion piece - scrumptious.
    Wonderful results to your experiments.
    Check out my finally completed first postcard if you have a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow what wonderful results you got from your playtime. I love the little fishy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, those turned out great. The silk fusion is incredible. I love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The paper casts look great - so clear!! Beautiful colour on your silk fusion.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.