Sunday, December 31, 2006

New Year's Cheers

Wow this is my 100th post. In a way I feel that it should be my 1,000th post, but also in a way maybe only the 25th post. Time sure has a way of confusing the brain. And tonight we will be marking another version of time, by changing from 2006 to 2007.

I have only been blogging since about May, and must tell you that since I've started blogging my life has changed somewhat. For the better I might add. I have become more confident in my art work and am not afraid to publicly share it. I have pushed myself to create more. Before I had the feeling that I didn't have to get anything finished really, but I'm not sure why I had that attitude as I really enjoy making and seeing finished pieces. I guess I wasn't very disciplined and was becoming very lazy.

Another benefit to blogging is getting to meet (in a way) wonderful people with like interests from all over the world. I've never been one to feel the urge to be a world-wide traveler and I know I will probably never leave the United States, but getting to know some of you from other countries has made me feel almost like I have traveled there. From visiting your blogs and from conversations with you, it is a fun and interesting learning experience for me.

Now this next part will seem a bit strange to some.....but I have developed some wonderful friendships through blogging and from the online groups I belong to. Strange how? Well I have never met these friends in person. We talk almost daily, sometimes share personal issues, and mostly share our love of crafting. After a period of time, one starts to feel that you've known the other for a long time. Perhaps someday we can meet in person.

Thanks to everyone who has left kind, wonderful, and encouraging comments on my blog. I hope all of you have a healthy, safe, peaceful, and loving new year.

9 comments:

  1. It's true--some of my best friends are bloggers I have not met yet. They know more about me than my neighbors. I live for my daily blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great 'meeting' you in 2006 and will be fun getting to know you better in 2007. My 'virtual' crafting friends constantly prove the sometimes bad image of the internet wrong. Happy New Year to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh Terri what a nice post! I'm so glad we got to meet and become friends this year and I'm really looking forward to some fun projects together in 2007.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I continue to be impressed with the wonderful women I "meet" online. Such a diverse group of talented caring people. Happy New Year Terri!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you terri. Blogging is a fantastic experience and I'm so pleased to have met you. There is such a caring sharing community out here.
    Mags

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with everything said already, it has been a pleasure meeting you Terri, and I look forward to getting to know you and your creativity even more in 2007,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here's to our continued blogging friendship - I have enjoyed the experience and ditto all the comments stated above. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I couldnt agree with you more about the blogging, becoming more confident and meeting such great people around the world and right here in ND. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.