Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Play Day Today

Sometimes when I dye a piece of fabric I lay another piece under it to catch the extra dye. Well I came across one such piece this morning and decided it was time to jazz it up. Recently I had created some foam stamps from some extra insulation foam that my honey didn't need. This piece was stamped with three of these homemade stamps. The block of squares, the heart, and the swirl. Then, to punch up the swirl and heart I outline painted them with black. I really like this piece. But then these are some of my favorite colors. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it at this point....it's so nice I hate to cut into it.


The other day I picked up some coffee filters to play with. I dyed about 9 of them, all the same color. Then I found a background fabric, cut up some of the filters and arranged them on the background. Next I snipped some eyelash yarn (that's the little areas that looks like worms), added in some angelina fibers, some snipped rayon threads, and some sparkly netty stuff (which I'm pretty sure can't be seen in the photo). I laid a piece of sparkly tulle over all of this and a piece of peltex under all of this. Then free motion quilted the whole thing. I like how this turned out also. Again, not sure what I will end up doing with it, probably making some postcards or ATCs....hmmmmm, maybe a box.

14 comments:

  1. You could make a postcard for me, no problem.
    And with the first piece too!
    :-)
    These are very very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really like both of these pieces. Love the color in that first one, very cool. Nice touch with the black paint. I think whatever you do with them they'll look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your color choices are beautiful! I so enjoy seeing your work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. More yummies! They are both so beautiful! The colours are lovely! Great work darlin!
    Love and hugs!
    Nance

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the abstract squres. Looks like a mini quilt. Very pretty! And, of course great colors on your hearts and swirls. I know how you feel about cutting up some of your favorites. It's always a little bit of a gamble. I hate it when it ends up in the bin haha.
    Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so talented! I love your work. Can't wait to see what they turn into!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I'd just put a border on the second one and hang it as a wallhanging! Love those sherbet colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The are both gorgeous, Terri. I love the hearts & swirls, but the second one is my favourite - the colours, I think. Have fun making your mind up what to make with them! ;) (Those gorgeous boxes you made not so long ago - they'd be great!)

    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both beautiful. I'm so amazed what can be done with bits and pieces and things most people normally discard or certainly wouldn't think of.
    Will wait to see.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The second one is my favorite, too. I think I'd leave that as is and consider it finished. Jen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, thanks everyone for your lovely comments. I still don't know what I'm going to do with them yet, but someday I'll figure it out. In the meantime, I'll just make more. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pieces, and love the colors. I am sure you will think of something to do with them. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Many of mine best painted pieces is just the one I had under!

    ReplyDelete
  14. don't make it "into" anything! maybe just frame it, maybe wrap it around a lightweight box and hang on the wall? it is perfect just the way it is, let it just be this interesting visual. i'd love to see this near a window!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.