Wednesday, October 18, 2006

My Baby's Home

That's the good news.....the bad news (well maybe not bad) is that they couldn't find anything wrong really. He made a few adjustments but overall couldn't find anything else. So I'm hoping my machine will work for me now.


Then, since my sewing machine is home, I was able to complete this project. I have started to really like the felted purses that I'm seeing. The only problem is....I don't knit. But I do crochet. So I found a pattern that the bottom was similar to what I wanted to achieve and experimented until I got a crocheted piece I was happy with. Then I threw it into the washer and felted it. I had actually seen a handbag somewhat similar to this on the cover of a Japanese craft book and fell in love with it. So I set out to create my own version. The Japanese version had a draw string style handle. Also the Japanese version wasn't felted. Hope you like it.



15 comments:

  1. ooohhh very nice Terri! Love this color combination. What a nice looking bag this is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bag is gorgeous, Terri! You did that crochet quickly! I love the colours you chose.
    Glad you got your baby back - hope she's in full working order!

    Hugs,
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. the bag looks great Terri...just the right color for this time of year...I don't knit or crochet but wanted a "knitted" type look on a bag last year...so I recycled a sweater...and it worked just fine...

    SuZ

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bag is lovely. Good job, Terri!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely - I hadn't thought about mixing fabric and felt like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like the bag. Did you use 100% wool yarn? Is that how you got it to felt?

    ReplyDelete
  7. fabulous bag! Its gorgeous! And glad your "Baby" is back home! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. That handbag is absolutely lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you everyone. I'm so happy that everyone likes my handbag.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this! Such great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great Bag! Welcome to the Quilt Studio Webring! You will have a good time with us!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the bag, Terri! Great colors and felting...!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, how I love this one Terri.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.