Thursday, December 24, 2015

Winter Photos

I find it difficult to get good photos in the house during the winter months. Usually the days are overcast and the lighting inside isn't great for photography. So I decided the next day there was minimal wind I would hang my finished quilt top on the clothesline and snap a shot. Today was that day. Even though it is overcast the lighting outside is so much better.


I finished my scrappy trip around the world quilt a couple of weeks ago. I have the backing fabric ready and now I just need to get it basted and quilted. I plan to quilt this one on my Bernina with simple straight lines (I think).

Below are the ornaments I made for the grandkids this year. Yes, it is a photo I took indoors and I'm not thrilled with it. But it records what I made this year and so it will do.


These ornaments are something I purchased a few years ago. They are interactive...you pull the string down near the legs and the legs and arms go up and down. They were unfinished wood when I bought them so all I had to do was paint and varnish.

7 comments:

  1. Your quilt is so pretty as is, but the backdrop of the snow makes for a very nice photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Regina! I've seen where some quilters will even lay their quilt out on the snow covered ground for photos. I haven't gotten that brave...yet!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful quilt! It's nice to have some snow for Christmas. Here it is too mild, (and also raining this morning!)
    The little Santas are very cute.
    Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Francoise! Merry Christmas to you too!!!

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous quilt and I love the snowmen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous quilt! Love the nontraditional colors you used to paint the snowmen. Best wishes to you.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.