Friday, December 11, 2015

Carving in December

I really enjoy carving stamps but for some reason do it very sporadically. I actually even think I enjoy designing/carving them more than actually using them.

Julie Balzer of Balzer Designs has inspired many to carve stamps in December. I know she did Carve December last year too. When she announced it again for this December I decided I will try and carve some stamps and join in. If you are interested in the specifics of Carve December, please see Julie's post here.

Below are the eight designs I've carved so far.









I haven't created a new stamp every day so far and I don't anticipate that I will have 31 stamps at the end of the month. I will do as many as I can/want to do. I have been thinking about using these stamp designs in other ways. One idea I have is to scan my designs into the computer and play with them in Photoshop. I may try making some Thermofax screens and putting the designs to fabric. I may have to wait and do that after the holidays, though.