Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Production Line

I have been very busy lately. In one month I will be teaching at our local quilt show, and I'm creating handbags and painted canvases to have for my Product Table. 

I've got about ten handbags started and they are all in the stage you see below. I'm currently quilting them and then they move on to the bag construction step.


 Below are several painted canvases I've completed. I'm working on these in stages too. Right now I've got blues, purples, and reds done and next up will be greens and yellows.


I also squeezed in some piecing. This will be a baby quilt for my new grandson, due in December.


And while busy with all this creating, I've been learning how to sew on my new sewing machine. I recently sold my Bernina 440 QE and purchased a 710 model. This new model has a larger throat space and I'm loving it!!!  I was worried that I would miss my 440, but so far I'm really enjoying the new machine and I'm glad I made the switch. My hubby will be cutting the hole in my counter larger so that I can drop the machine down flush with the countertop. Hopefully that will be done within the next couple of weeks.


Thanks to all of you who stopped by and shopped my rummage sale (previous post). It was a huge success and everything sold quickly. I can't thank you all enough for helping me out, although getting rid of those items really didn't seem like it made a huge dent it opening up space :)