Saturday, November 2, 2013

Jumbo Gelli

I recently bought myself a new Gelli Arts Gel Printing Plate. I already had one in the 6x6" size but I wanted a larger one. So I splurged and got the largest one they offer, the 12x14" size. If, for some reason, you are not familiar with the Gelli Arts Gel Printing Plate, you can learn more from their web site here.

For my first (any only, so far) play session with my new gelli plate I just printed on sheets of paper. I'm using 60 lb. Blick White Sulfite Drawing Paper, 9x12". For paint, I just used some inexpensive craft paints. I mostly wanted to familiarize myself with working on the gelli plate. It's been a while since I have played with my 6x6" plate and my goal was to just play and have fun while also figuring some things out.

Here are several of my resulting pages.








I used mainly three types of tools to create marks/design on the prints. The first photo below shows a couple of fun foam stamps that I made for using with the gelli plate. I am working on some more of these. I like how they work.


The next photo is of three hot glue stencils I had made some time ago. I like how these worked with the gelli plate and I will think about making some more of these.


And of course I used several of my stencils that you will find at StencilGirl Products.


I'm not sure what I will do with my printed papers just yet. They will either be made into pages of a sketchbook or I will leave them loose (as they are) and use them as backgrounds for further projects. One of these days I will try out some fabric printing with the gelli plate. Too many things I wanna do...not enough of me to do them. Do you have this dilemma too?



17 comments:

  1. such wonderful pages! I just have the little Gelli plate and think this weekend might have some time set aside for me to play with it - your pieces are so inspiring! Oh yes, the same dilemma - and throw time into the mix, as well

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah, yes! And now there are round gelli plates and new stencils! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can so relate to wanting to clone myself to try all the art projects I want to do! Love your printings - I am having another playday with my gelli plate later in the week so this inspires some ideas :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of them! Wish they were fabric and I would offer to buy them from you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got some good prints here! Yes, so many projects, so little time.

    round gelli plates, huh? I have the 6 inch one and love it. Your stencils are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Results you achieved from just playing were delightful. You are right, too much to do and not enough of me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You will soon be addicted as we all are. Love your hot glue shapes and collographs too as well as the stencils, most of which I have. xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun papers! I picked the larger Gelli up on my last trip to the big city. After the holidays, I plan to immerse myself in experimentation. I also have the problem of wanting to try everything. I love to learn and experiment. I figure that will keep my mind agile. Well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those stamps and stencils are awesome. Love the results you got!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum! I bought a large Gelli plate too but haven't made time to play... you are inspiring me to get going!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Yes I do! Not enough time in the playroom makes me a grumpy girl. Love your Gelli papers. You are such a creative inspiration dear.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes,yes I do! It is pretty much my biggest dilemma in life!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have three sizes now but I need the round one! I love them all but I think the 8x10 is my fave to work on. I guess cause it was my first

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing....I love the hot glue stencils and think that the would make great elements to add to a page after they are covered in paint :0)!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great stencils! Love your gelliprinted tote! I love my gelliplate and stencils. They're my favorite toys.
    Thanks for sharing your ideas and the chance to win. -

    ReplyDelete
  16. They are still beautiful one year later!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.