Friday, October 4, 2013

Pattern Designing

I'm still playing around and learning what I can about creating patterns that can be used on textiles and other products. Every month, the Tigerprint web site holds a pattern design contest with a specific theme. The September theme was "shapes as pattern".  Here are the five patterns I entered.






There were over 1000 entries in this round.  Earlier in the week they announced the shortlist, which is the top 100 designs that they choose. I was absolutely thrilled that two of my designs made it to the shortlist.  You can see these 100 designs here.

And then a day or so later the top 10 winners were announced and that was when it was over for me.  That's okay. I will just go back to the drawing board and see what I can create next. I will say that I am very much enjoying this pattern designing stuff and learning about designing for product lines and such.  It's a whole new world and I still have hopes that one day I will see some of my designs printed on products. That would be so cool.

14 comments:

  1. I really like the top two patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep at it. I know we will be buying your designs in the stores one day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Lynne P. I like the top 2 the best too. You'll win someday. I am sure it's a thrill just to have something in the top 100.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i cannot help but echo vicki's sentiments... they are beautiful patterns, and i for one, will be supporting your creative efforts {always!} keep it UP! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am just crazy about those top two designs. Those are insane! Great work. Keep designing more. You have a gift.

    auntie jude

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep at it Terri! One day it'll pay off!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also love the top two the most.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase the top 2 and #4 would be cute in a Christmas line. I hope the fabric companies are watching you closely!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't give up my friend. To be in the top 100 is quite the accomplishment and you should feel very proud. Creative Bliss Dear...

    ReplyDelete
  10. The top fabric has so much depth. It is easy to see which colors are moving forward and which are receding. Lots of movement. It should have been the winner... :)

    auntie jude

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like the first pattern. I took a fabric pattern making class and indeed it is a different world.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all your patterns! And congratulations for having made it to the shortlist, that's wonderful - and I'm sure we'll be seeing your designs on products soon, they're lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like your patterns and LOVE your *Paws in the Garden* quilt, very you :)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.