Sunday, August 18, 2013

The Butterfly Moments

I created this new painting the other day and was undecided.  I couldn't decide if I should add some text to this piece.  Here it is with no text.


And here it is with text added.  I added the text digitally, so the original still has no text on it.


I named the painting The Butterfly Moments.  It is watercolor paint, ink, graphite pencil, and collaged papers on 140 lb. watercolor paper.

Do you have a preference?  I'd love to hear if you do.  Thanks everyone for stopping by, reading, commenting and just being there.

12 comments:

  1. Hi Terri,
    I like it with the text. The script is lovely, it is a good addition. Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it with the text too! I like it even better on my studio wall! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. The text rounds it off so nicely
    AND it is a good reminder these busy days

    ReplyDelete
  4. The text finishes it off nicely it looks as if something is missing without it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yup! I'm for text on just about everything! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. me too- I love the text as well completes the piece

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like it both ways and think it has lots of uses either way. Love your drawings and colorings! Creative Happy Hearts...

    ReplyDelete
  8. The text adds such "sweetness" to your painting. Add it for sure.

    auntie jude

    ReplyDelete
  9. I guess I am in the minority....although I like how the text fills in that space...I am not a big lover of cute sayings and prefer the art to deliver the message...
    and it does.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.