Sunday, June 23, 2013

My New Mantra

I've adopted a new mantra. Play! I want to allow myself to be more playful with my art. I really feel that it will give me more freedom. Sometimes I feel like I try too hard and that I'm not enjoying the process like I should. So from now on I am going to play. Even if that means just taking a sheet of watercolor paper and the cheap craft paints and just slapping paint around. Just like I did here.


My hope is that after practicing this "playful" attitude for however long it takes, that my art will grow and I will grow along with it.

Here is my progress on my journal spread. I am getting closer to being done, but still have a little more to do yet.


I have finished my latest tote bag. This could be a purse, if you like larger purses. The day was perfect yesterday to take photos out on the deck, by my kitchen garden. I'm growing lettuce, basil and cilantro. That's all this year. Simple. And my favorites.

I've listed this bag in my Etsy shop with more photos and information.


Please have yourself a playful day!

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like a plan to me! In fact I need to do the same.

    Love how the journal spread is coming along, Terri!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a GREAT plan and LOVE ALL THE ART you posted!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terri! You've definitely hit a chord that resonates with me, and that flower image is proof positive! ILOVE it the best, even tho I am a fan, that flower sparkles, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE that new mantra. Could be a good way to approach life, since we all take things too seriously. Can't wait to see what effect this has on your art, which is already the BEST!

    love ya.
    auntie jude

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the mantra! I have invited my 8 year old neighbor to have play dates with me when she returns from vacation. She loves to experiment and being with her, helps me to remember how to play. On our trial date, we did flower pounding. We had to come inside because it got dark. :) Have fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Play is exactly what we all should do. Children are so carefree due to play they are so good at doing. Your journal page is divine! Enjoy your play dear...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terri, the bag is just gorgeous! I love it. You do beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the journal page--and the totes. More play--Amen to that.
    Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful bag, and I love the fact that you are embracing "play time", something we artists need to do for ourselves. We are often focused on deadlines and forget that the playful experimentation that happens in the studio leads to wonderful things. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Play... play... play... I'm getting off the computer to go play... thanks boss!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.