Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Green Green I Love Green

There once was a day when green was my favorite color. While it still is a favorite, my most favoritest color right now is orange. And has been for a while. I wonder if this will change. Probably.


We've had a fair amount of rain in the past few weeks here. It's been what I would consider one of the wettest early summer's we've had (that I can remember). Everything outside is so lush and green, I am constantly just gazing at it to drink it all in. So using the outdoor green lush landscape as my inspiration, today I set out to create a tonal background of green on a piece of watercolor paper. I pulled out my favorite green paints and got everything prepped.


I covered up the white paper with a layer of paint. I used two or three colors to do this. I didn't take photos of every step, sorry! I kept adding layers of paint and design in the shades of greens that you see in the photos. I used some of my hand carved stamps and stencils to add subtle interest to the paper. And I used a sea sponge to pounce on some teeny tiny dabs of color here and there too.

Here's how it looked when I was all done. It's so hard to get good photos when it's so dreary outside.


I'm going to do some more of these tonal backgrounds, because I have plans for them. Ha!

NEWS FLASH:  If you are a fan of Vicki Welsh Hand Dyed Fabrics, or if you've never checked out her fabrics before...do visit her. She is having a sale on fabric/pattern kits.  Check it out here.

And before I go, I want to thank all of you who commented on my blog post yesterday. It's so wonderful to hear from you. Your comments were so lovely to read.

4 comments:

  1. What a pretty and summery background Terri!
    We are having off and on rain showers here today and I just commented to Don how pretty the garden looks right after a rain...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tonal background is making me thirsty for all that juiciness! Rain not so much though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the green! I'll send you some heat if you'd like. :)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.