Thursday, June 13, 2013

Custom Work and a Journal Spread

About a month ago I received a request for a custom tote. The design the client wanted was based on an art quilt that I had made. The art quilt was created with lots of hand stitching, applique and machine thread work. I decided that in order to recreate a simplified and quicker version I would create Thermofax screens of the birds. I screened those onto the neutral background and then using textile paints I gave them some color. I free motion quilted the background and then thread sketched the branches and leaves. I gave the leaves a bit of color with textile paints too.  

front

back
I am currently (very slowly) working on a journal spread. This journal is made with watercolor paper and I created it a long time ago using Teesha Moore's tutorial. I have added more ink line detailing to the spread since taking this photo and will share more with you as it progresses.


13 comments:

  1. Wonderful! I think you need a fabric line based on your kitty drawings :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your work Terri, and I always learn from you as well-I have the first book you guys had published

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love your work Terri, and I always learn from you as well-I have the first book you guys had published

    ReplyDelete
  4. That tote is awesome, and I love that journal project! Is it to be the cover for a journal? And, I agree, you should have a fabric line. Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for that video link - love the birds! and your page spread

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is THE cutest bag I've ever seen!!!! Fantastic design!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cannot express how happy your artwork makes me, always has. Birds, cats, flowers, whatever - you give everything a joyful personality. Thanks for always being a bright spot in my day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing journal and super cool tote! Your creativity is endless!

    auntie jude

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous custom tote bag. Your work is always so unique and happy. Happy Hearts are Creative Hearts...

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.