Friday, May 24, 2013

Creating Patterns

I think I mentioned last month that I was taking an online surface pattern course.  There is about one week left in the workshop and I have been having so much fun with it.  Playing with my drawings and designs is so rewarding.  Here are three patterns I put together recently.




The first two photos are just layered patterns, with no formal repeat.  The last photo is called a box repeat and there are actually four tiles in this photo to see how it looks in a repeated pattern. I think I could play with designs and patterns all day on my computer. 

6 comments:

  1. Brilliant.....this looks like a FABULOUS way to spend the day! What program are you working in?
    Don't you just love combining technology with creativity

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the middle one the best.

    auntie jude

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them both, but I don't think you needed a workshop in the first place!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun! I love the layered patterns and the repeat looks like so much fun. I too don't think you needed a workshop, but I know I take classes just to keep my mind going. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The course sounds intriguing and your results are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the designs and they're uniquely you! I've seen Margaret Applin's too. It must have been a great course.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.