Saturday, December 8, 2012

Stenciled Fabric Surfaces

Here's a quick video I created using my flower stencil. Enjoy!



Here are a couple more examples from this process. I used my waves and leaves stencils on the first one below.


For this next piece of fabric I used my spinners stencil and three colors of Tumble Dye.


Did you notice that the stencil I used in the video had a frame around it? I like to add a duct tape frame because it makes it easy to handle the stencil and it also prevents unwanted over spray.

9 comments:

  1. Thanks! Great technique and a new product to look for and try. I'm really liking your stencils!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally awesome stencils and video!!! You GO GIRL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Terri. Just stopped by from quilting bloggers. Or is it Blogging quilters? Anyway I enjoyed visiting your blog immensely. Great video--I'm thinking of all those possibilities. Your work is very exciting and I especially liked your hand stitched vase of flowers--sooooo cool! Have a happy holiday season with lots of stitching!
    best from Tunisia,
    nadia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the process! Curious about the spray on paint.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Watching you stencil your fabric is total fun. Love the end results. Creative Bliss Dear...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the video....your stencils are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice action video, girl! Beautiful treatment, and even more... Beautiful RESULTS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always love your inspiration!!! Thank you for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.