Saturday, December 22, 2012

Name That Art Work

Well here are all the ornaments I painted for this year. I decided to create one for my son and daughter-in-law. I wrapped these the other day, they were the last three gifts I had to get wrapped. It was while I was putting the presents under the tree that I realized what I had forgotten to do.  I forgot to add a pretty ribbon to the metal loop for hanging. Sheesh! That's what I get for not thinking, I guess. Oh well, I will get three ribbons cut and have them ready to add as soon as they are opened.


Next up is an art quilt that I was able to finally get completed. I have a couple more that are in various stages of progress that I'm hoping to get to within the next couple of weeks. This one measures 23" x 18". It is based on a design I had painted on watercolor paper and which I blogged about here.


I can't seem to come up with a name for this quilt, though. I'm open to suggestions, so if you think of something, please leave me a comment. Thanks!

11 comments:

  1. Those ornaments are so much fun! Love your color combinations. And the bird is so sweet! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bluebird seems to be searching for something so I though of "Looking for Love". It's really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too love your ornaments and your new piece. How about "Don't forget to stop and smell the flowers"?

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy Christmas Terri; these are so delicious; love the design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see "Joy" in the Bluebird art.

    Wonderful idea to give beautiful handpainted ornaments. Lucky family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your painted ornaments. The designs and colors are fabulous! This little quilt says, "Spring Eternal". to me. It is very Tweet. Holiday Blessings with Peace and Joy all through 2013 dear...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all for the lovely comments and name suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those ornaments, Terri -- did you buy them in their finished shape or did you put wooden beads together to create the final shape? (I realize that you did the beautiful painting.) Would love to try this myself, if I could find the wooden ornaments around here.

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Diane, I actually bought these unfinished wood ornaments a few years back. I have several different shapes and I don't remember anymore where I purchased them, but they were from an online source. You might find them if you do a Google search.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Walkin' in Sunshine. I stumbled on your blog in a sidetrip from I-don't-know-where; love your art.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.