Sunday, July 22, 2012

Pine Tree Hills

I finished the big project yesterday that I had been working on for my "other" job.  I haven't shared here on my blog, but over the course of the past year I have started working part time.  It was a decision my hubby and I made together for many many reasons, which I won't go into here.  I am working part-time as a legal transcriptionist and the part I like most about it is that I can work right at home.  So for the past two to three weeks my creative time has been very minimal.  I did, however, find some time here and there to get this quilt finished.  

Pine Tree Hills
30" x 25"
(Commercial fabrics, Mistyfuse, Quilter's Dream Supreme Cotton batting)

I am in the process of creating a pattern for this quilt and also another one that I shared here recently, Pickin' Flowers.  I'm hoping to have them ready for distribution by the end of this week, if all goes well.



View from the back side
I don't create my quilts in a traditional fashion.  Usually on an applique quilt, the applique shapes are stitched around the edges before the quilt sandwich is made.  I prefer to do the applique stitching and quilting all at the same time.  You can see in the photo above that my applique stitching is simply just free-motion straight stitching close to the edges of the applique shapes.

I was so giddy yesterday when I finished my work project that I ran into my studio and started playing.  Oh joy!  I've already started a new project and of course I was having so much fun that I already forgot to get a step-by-step photo of the first step.  Pictures to come soon.

Happy Sunday!

7 comments:

  1. This is so cute Terri! Good luck with the patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are back to creating! I really love this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very delightful quilt! Of course, I am partial to house quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its tough to divide one's time. I do like the movement in the trees and the wonky houses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am with Elle, love the movement created and even the smoke coming out of the chimneys. Good luck with your part time job. Nice that you can stay at home to do it!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.