Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Painting Play Day

Yesterday I dedicated the day to painting play. I've recently been watching Jane Davies on her blog having lots of fun and I was itching to have a go. Be sure to check out her blog as Jane shares many videos of herself at work in her studio. So I was trying to channel Jane as I played. Here is my fast-paced video for your viewing pleasure.



I painted on 10 sheets of inexpensive watercolor paper. Below are nine of the resulting sheets. I cut one of them up without getting a photo of it. Oops!










Again, I channeled Jane and made a collage with the sheet of paper that I had cut up. I saw something similar to this on her blog and thought I'd give it a try.  


I will probably use these papers in collages, backgrounds for other projects, greeting cards and who knows what.

12 comments:

  1. Love that video. If only we could actually work that fast! It looks like you had a fun day and I'm glad your assistant put in an appearance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT video,Terrific music and FANTASTIC art!!! Love it.

    auntie jude

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was the most amazing thing I've seen in a long time. Just super, Terri!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looked like a lot of fun, with great results!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to play! This is how you produce lots of art -- by continuously experimenting. Great results!

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can I just say AWESOME??!!! Jane is very inspiring! I love your pieces and your collage using them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to ditto Margaret's AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.