A couple of days ago I had a hankering to paint. So I found a piece of canvas cloth and went to it. This is the resulting piece. You might notice in the first photo some lines in the canvas. I cut it before thinking about taking a photo of it's original size. Oops.
I decided to use this painted canvas to make a composition notebook cover. So I trimmed off excess canvas and here you see those trimmed off pieces.
And here is the resulting piece ready to be made into a cover. It is still maybe about 1/4" to 1/2" oversized and it will get trimmed again while making the cover. I'll share the cover with you after I get around to making it....hopefully within the next day or two.
Oh and look what else is on my design wall:
I ended up with a lot of leftover purple strip sets from making the baby quilt and so I decided to start another one. This time using an orangey hand dyed fabric for the thin strips. I really didn't need a new project to work on like this but last week I went to my friend's house for a few hours of social sewing and needed something easy to take along and work on. So this quilt probably won't be high priority for getting finished or anything. I'll work on it when I feel like it.