Friday, June 1, 2012

A New Challenge

I'm excited to tell you that I was recently invited to participate in The Sketchbook Challenge. Basically what that means is I'll be posting once or twice a month over on that blog along with some other fabulous artists.

There is a new theme announced each month and The Sketchbook Challenge artists (and anyone else who wants to play along) create sketches and interpret the theme. The theme for June was just announced today and it is Urban Sketching. You can read all about this theme on the blog. There is also a Flickr group set up where anyone can share photos of what they created with each theme. And bonus...at the end of each month if your drawing is chosen from the Flickr group, you could win a great prize.

I'm looking forward to this new challenge, especially since I've been pretty lazy lately about sketching regularly. Hopefully this will get sketching back into my daily habits. How about you? Do you sketch regularly? Semi-regularly? Not at all? I invite you to play along with me.

And just to get warmed up, here is a sketch I did last evening. It is a digital sketch that I did on my iPad using an app called Paper by Fifty Three.


These items just happened to be on the table right by where I sit in the TV room.