Friday, June 1, 2012

A New Challenge

I'm excited to tell you that I was recently invited to participate in The Sketchbook Challenge. Basically what that means is I'll be posting once or twice a month over on that blog along with some other fabulous artists.

There is a new theme announced each month and The Sketchbook Challenge artists (and anyone else who wants to play along) create sketches and interpret the theme. The theme for June was just announced today and it is Urban Sketching. You can read all about this theme on the blog. There is also a Flickr group set up where anyone can share photos of what they created with each theme. And bonus...at the end of each month if your drawing is chosen from the Flickr group, you could win a great prize.

I'm looking forward to this new challenge, especially since I've been pretty lazy lately about sketching regularly. Hopefully this will get sketching back into my daily habits. How about you? Do you sketch regularly? Semi-regularly? Not at all? I invite you to play along with me.

And just to get warmed up, here is a sketch I did last evening. It is a digital sketch that I did on my iPad using an app called Paper by Fifty Three.


These items just happened to be on the table right by where I sit in the TV room.

11 comments:

  1. I really like the look and style of this sketch. I'm thrilled to be joining you at The Sketchbook Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great sketches Terri and I love the fabric combination that your using for the bag in the previous post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great sketches Terri and I really like the fabric combination that you're using for the bag in the previous post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you did the color in your sketches. And I really like the bag in the previous post too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that's great news, Terri. I luv the subtle effect you are showing in the objects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a terrific idea for a challenge. I too am negligent in my sketch book. I always date my sketches and when I reopen my sketchbook I am always disappointed at how long I went again without sketching.

      Gotta bookmark this challenge!

      Delete
  6. After reading about this challenge, I think I just may have to get involved.....I have spend a lot of time THINKING about sketching.......really need to get my pencil moving....this just may be the kick in the pants I need.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun for you. Enjoy!

    auntie jude

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool technique and app. Will have to check it out. Assuming you need a pen to do that, do you have one to recommend, Terri? Looking forward to see your sketching!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations, Terri -- you'll be a terrific addition to the talented group of artists there.

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. congratulations, Terri -- you'll be a terrific addition to the talented group of artists there.

    Diane

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.