Saturday, May 26, 2012

Cat Triptych Almost Done

Click on photo for a larger view
I'm happy to say that this project is basically done. All I have left to do is add labels and hanging sleeves. I'm not sure if you noticed but I decided to leave all the background areas uncolored. Every time I walked into my studio, I'd look at them and was really liking how they looked just like this.  I also kept worrying that if I did add color to the background that I'd regret it. So that's that! I love how they turned out and now need to think of a name for them.

7 comments:

  1. Terri, these came together perfectly!!! I love the triptych format!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you left the backgrouns uncolored. I like it just the way it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love the neutral background. Makes everything else stand out :)

    auntie jude

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great decision -- love the neutral background.

    And if the migrating purple on your granddaughter's quilt bothers you at all, try washing it in Synthrapol -- it's a miracle in a bottle.

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your decision to leave the background neutral, Terri, it lets the kitties eyes and that peachy color of the flowers really pop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As usual, your instincts are right on target. This is a great piece just as it is. You know..........once you add color you can never go back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Leaving the backgrounds uncolored is the best decision. I love the softness of the colors you did add. The background is so beautiful all by itself. Super lovely dear...

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.