Saturday, April 7, 2012

Fun X Three

I've been working away on my quilt triptych that I began recently. A couple of posts or so back, I shared my mountain of neutral fabric strips. Well last weekend and this week I worked on putting all those strips together and made three quilt tops.


Then I made three quilt sandwiches and free-motion quilted them all with fairly dense stitching. All three quilts pretty much look the same.


Today I transferred my patterns to the paper that I will stitch through, it's called Golden Threads Quilting Paper.  I wanted to save my original patterns which I had drawn on newsprint paper.


I pinned the pattern to a quilt and have started free-motion stitching over the pattern lines with black thread.


After I stitch over all the lines, I will remove the paper and then I like to go over the black thread lines again. Sometimes I will stitch over the lines three or more times. I like a sketchy look.

Wishing you a Happy Easter!!

7 comments:

  1. Love it when you show us your progress, "step-by-step"! Well done. Lots and lots of work...

    auntie jude

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please tell me how you like the Golden Threads paper -- I've been meaning to try it and was concerned that it would take forever to rip out the paper after doing a lot of stitching. Love the design you've planned for this -- all your hard work gathering the neutrals is most definitely paying off.

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diane! I love the Golden Threads paper. Of all the papers I've used for this process, this is by far my favorite. Next in line would be the Carol Doak paper piecing paper, and then newsprint paper. I was very skeptical when I first tried the Golden Threads paper because it felt so "crispy" when I touch it, compared the "softer" feel of the newsprint and Carol Doak paper. But it tears away beautifully!

      Delete
  3. That does look like a lot of fun and I absolutely love, love, love the neutral strips. Can't wait to see this when it's finished. How large is it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You create such amazing backgrounds! This is going to look fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This ia a great process post, Terri. Thanks. I luv the pieced background and the thready outlining.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You must have a really good supply of thread. Your quilted strips are beautiful. To add your adorable kitty drawings will be the icing on the cake. Blissful creating...

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.