Saturday, April 21, 2012

Fast and Fun

It seems like the projects I've been working on lately are the lengthy ones that don't give quick results and sometimes a girl just needs some completion satisfaction. Although I did just finish my map quilt, I don't feel like that gave me the satisfaction I was wanting. I had been thinking about that map quilt for two months, so I felt like I worked on it that long.

So after the map quilt was done and in between steps on the cat triptych, I made a mini cat quilt. Ahhh, I feel better now.

Measures approx. 10.5" x 8.25"

Monoprinted, stenciled and stamped background

Flowers are raw-edge appliqued, fused with Mistyfuse

Free-motion machine sketching with black thread
and painted with textile paint

View of the back.  Still need to add a label.
I need to come up with a name for this mini quilt. Sometimes a name will just pop into my head right away and sometimes it feels like such a struggle to name a quilt. Anybody have any suggestions? This little guy is available for adoption and I will eventually get him into my Etsy shop. I just haven't gotten around to doing that yet. Perhaps maybe I will enjoy him for a few more days.

And because I haven't yet decided on what colors I want to add to the cat triptych, I started a new project. Photos to come, hopefully soon.  A girl can't have only one project going on at a time, you know!

10 comments:

  1. Sometimes a quick "fix" is really what we need. He just told me "Orange Julius". Sweet and frothy and yummy. Quilting Bliss Dear...

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's adorable. He reminds me of my cat, Spenser, who sadly is no longer with us, but seeing this little quilt gave me a smile as I remember the silly little guy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable!!! I love all the texture too and ORANGE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh... feel better now? A kitty a day... keeps (the mouse of discontent) away?!! Very cool - as usual!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sweet. How about "tip toe through the daisies" or "peek a boo" ?

    auntie jude

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Georgie Boy" comes to mind. Do not ask my why????
      I agree with you on small projects. Complete satisfaction in just a few days.

      Delete
  6. I love fast and fun, they balance out the tedious and boring:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fast and fun for you, but always spectacular beauty. Love your cat.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Somehow, the name "Jellicle Cat" from the Andrew Lloyd Webber musical popped into my head as I was looking at your latest design -- it just seemed to fit his personality. Your cats always make me smile.

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  9. The colour of this little mini reminds me of a sweet desert I used to like as a child, and along with Diane's suggestion twigged an idea for a name....Popcicle! Love your kitty!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.