Thursday, March 8, 2012

Red Flowers

Yesterday I felt like painting. And when that happens, I paint. Here is what came out of that...


This measures 9" x 12" and is painted on watercolor paper that I collaged first with other papers, including printed gift tissue, newspaper clippings, book text, pattern tissue, and music. Not much of the printed papers show in the end result, but you can see hints of them here and there.  You can see more of the collaged textures in the next photo, one taken early on in the process.


Many layers of paint were added to the piece and it's much easier to see some of the underlying layers in person.

The design for this painting came from a drawing I did in my sketchbook.


I had fun painting this and I've already started the next one.  I did sneak in a little bit of sewing too...starting a new project.

8 comments:

  1. Not much shows but I guess it is all necessary to add the depth in the layers. I'm learning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness you have made such a lot of lovely items. I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it Terri - it's got such a great color combo going on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the combination of turquoise and red so this is one of my favorites. I do enjoy your layering and can imagine your work is
    so much better if you see it in person. Photos are good but never as good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love seeing the process.......it always amazes me to see what you turn out when you get "in a painting mood". :-)
    Could you stitch this if you so desired?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love that perfect quilt and the curves, always attracted to curves, and your painting is a cheer.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.