Friday, December 9, 2011

Making Progress

Slowly but surely I'm getting some work done on the girls. I've now got all the vertical sashing strips attached and quilted and the upper horizontal sashing strip as well. Next I need to add and quilt the bottom horizontal sashing strip. I plan to do that today. I also hope to decide what I want to do for outer borders.  Not only is this a "quilt as you go" project, but it's also a "decide as you go".


And I'm finished with my holiday greeting cards....YAY!  They are now ready for stamps and a trip to the post office.  I even ended up with a few extra cards.  Hmmm, what to do, what to do.


Now I need to start thinking about some holiday baking.  The boy loves his traditional favorites, so I'll need to see what I have on hand and make a list.  What is your favorite holiday treat?

9 comments:

  1. Your cards are lovely, Terri - looking forward to finishing mine, as well. As for a favorite holiday treat??? Anything with chocolate . . .

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your girls are coming along beautifully! I'll be lucky if my cards get made and mailed by New year's Eve!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Ladies quilt is looking great !

    Bud loves homemade fudge and I also make fierce peanut butter balls that are like truffles.
    Those are his two favs.

    auntie jude

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt is coming along nicely. My mother made the most delicious divinity...white and a soft pink peppermint. I sadly do not have her recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your "dames" are lovely. I am a real oddball - my favorite holiday treat is fruitcake! Homemade with lots of whole fruits and a bath of brandy. But I don't make it nowadays because a couple slices will do and I don't need a doorstop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the girls, they are looking good.

    I have to say my favorite treat is snowball cookies. Bad for you but oh so good,

    ReplyDelete
  7. if you need any suggestions on "what to do, what to do" - I will give you my mailing address and exchange cards with you! Ok, I'm shameless. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I make pumpkin bread in 1# coffee cans or those little loaf pans. It is good thing I only make this once a year. Can't stay away from it, keep going back for more slices. Yum!!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.