Monday, November 14, 2011

Tote Making and Cooking

I have been making tote bags the last few days.  I needed a blue tote for a thank-you gift for someone and blue is their favorite color.  So I made this one in all blues.


And a friend of mine asked for a tote bag with a bird on it, so that is the one I am making now.


I had sketched some funky, whimsical birds in my sketchbook a couple months or so ago and thought it would be fun to put one on this tote bag.  I hope she likes it.

When I was in Houston, we ate at an Italian restaurant one evening, called Mia Bella.  It was very delicious and some of us actually ended up eating there two nights in a row.  On one of the nights I ate there, I tried something new to me, eggplant parmesan.  I LOVED IT!  Since returning home, I searched the Internet for some recipes and found one that seemed simple enough.  Here is my resulting meal.


I made some angel hair pasta for a side dish and I really liked how it turned out.  I will definitely be keeping this recipe.  I found the recipe by visiting Foodgawker.com (a site I love, but don't go there if you're hungry).  From that site I did a search on eggplant parmesan and after browsing some of the recipes, I decided to try this one <click here>.  Yum!

7 comments:

  1. What is not to love about this cute bird! Love the blue on blue as well. Lucky friends. :)

    Eggplant Parmesan is my favorite. I have it whenever we are in an Italian Restaurant and even love Olive Gardens version. However I have failed to make it at home. My recipes never turned out as good.

    I am definitely going to try this one. MMMMmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks scrumptious, Terri!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those purses are darling! They look like you just fold them up and stitch them together also-like maybe even I could do it.

    We have eggplant here during the summer. It grows like crazy just like zucchini. It is also good dredged in flour and bread crumbs and lightly fried with blue cheese or ranch dressing:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love that blue bag. Eggplant parm is my favorite dish to order when eating out italian.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tote bags are just gorgeous. The blue one is dreamy. This little bird is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE your little bird!!!! Seriously adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great looking purses. Love the little birdie! Hey, your dinner looks mighty tasty. Thanks for the Foodgawker recommendation. I will be going there for ideas :)

    auntie jude

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.