Monday, October 17, 2011

Before and After

I rarely use the strap that came with my camera. The reason for this is because I mainly use my camera for taking photos of my artwork right here at home, so no need to leash the camera to my body. But recently I took the camera on an adventure and so I used the strap. I found that after wearing it for a while it started to become quite uncomfortable around the back of my neck. I'm not sure if it's the material of the strap that I was uncomfortable with or the weight of the camera pulling on it or both. Whichever it was, I decided to change the strap to something homemade. I am hoping it will be more comfortable and it's definitely much more attractive.
Before

After
I searched online for a camera strap tutorial and found many that were just a strap cover. I didn't want to do a cover, I wanted to totally replace the strap that was there. I found just the tutorial <click here>.

Here's my latest sketchbook doodle that I finished recently. I always seem to make these a little too large for the page.  I should try and make the next one smaller.

7 comments:

  1. Very Cool Terri!!! I would love to play with that doodle!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice camera strap Terri! And definitely more attractive than the original...I'm sure it'll be more comfortable too.

    Love the Mandela sketch. Funny, I tend to do my sketches too small, and then when I get one I want to use in a quilt, I usually to have to add more detail to it because the details get lost when it gets enlarged too much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like what you did with the strap. Prettier and more comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your strap turned out beautifully! Thanks for linking to my tutorial. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. now that's much nicer way to carry your camera around!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the doodle- it is actually unbelievable that you could do something so precise freehand.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Much nicer camera strap! Very classy and cool! Nice zentangle too!

    auntie jude

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.