Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Done and Gone


I've finished up the kitty bag that I was working on over the weekend and it's now off to a new home. Another kitty is currently waiting on my work table waiting to be put together, but first I have a few other things to attend to. Maybe I can get to that one by the end of the week.

I tried a new-to-me food yesterday and found it very yummy. I tried spaghetti squash. I have now tried three types of squash within the past year and I think this spaghetti squash and the acorn squash are my favorites so far. The other one I tried was butternut. I made the spaghetti squash in the microwave (the directions were on a sticker that was right on the squash). Easy peasy! I garnished it with some tomato sauce (I had a jar of pizza sauce in the fridge) and a sprinkling of cheese. Yum! I felt like I was eating spaghetti, which I love. Do you eat spaghetti squash? What's your favorite way to eat it?

9 comments:

  1. I LOVE spaghetti squash. I generally eat it as you did but I also saved a recipe from Diners, Dives, & Drive-ins that has stacks of veggies and a little meat and cheese mixed in. I tried to grow SS this year but the vine died off before the squash ripened...still waiting to see if it will ripen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors on this bag. I do love spaghetti squash. Have been eating it for years. I like it with a dash of evo, salt, pepper and some parmesan cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love spaghetti squash! We had some last week. Made the squash, and while it was cooking, tossed some Italian turkey sausage in a pan and browned it up with some diced peppers, a little onion, and then put that on top of the squash with a hint of marinara sauce. YUM-MY YUM-MY YUM-MY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another SS lover here. My sister turned me on to it years ago, and it's so darned healthy!

    I do what the others do - I put anything with it that I'd use with regular spaghetti, or any kind of pasta really, depending on what I have on hand.

    Glad you have discovered it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, haven't tried spaghetti squash yet, but it sounds interesting. Will have to give it a go. Your kitty bags are charming. I love a the various colors you're making them with. I picked up the summer issue of Art Quilting Studio and see you have a submission there. Will have to try my hand at your quilt painting technique. Wow! Aren't you prolific! You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful bag! How cool that it's on its way to a new home! And, yes, squash is so delicious and versatile -- and Mom would be so happy because squash is very good for you!

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful kitty bag. These are truly spectacular. As for squash I love them all. Spagetti squash makes a really delishious cold salad...like a macaroni salad with lots of goodies in it. Very healthy and yummy. Try it hot or cold with some walnuts and olive oil pesto sauce. Safe Labor Holiday weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another gorgeous bag Terri! I always love your kitty bags

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love every squash I've tasted and spaghetti is one of my favorites. I serve it with a cream (soy)sauce with mushrooms, onions, tomatoes and spices.

    Your bag is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.