Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

My Garden Hat (Journal Quilt #16)
Mistyfused fabrics, textile paint, thread sketching

I'd like to wish everyone a very happy Mother's Day today.  The quilt above is my weekly journal quilt and I'm a couple of days late with it.

I've had a somewhat busy week these past few days and I don't feel like I've accomplished a whole lot.  My friend was over to my house on Friday and we spent the day sewing on projects we have been working on.  I worked on my dryer sheet quilt and I think I'm lucky if I got 10 blocks completed.  We seemed to spend a lot of the time chatting away.  But it was very fun even though I didn't get much done.  I will try and get the dryer sheet blocks done over the next few days as I have a bucket full of used dryer sheets that I need to get working on.

I also didn't get any more quilting done on my silly girl quilt.  Hopefully this week.

2 comments:

  1. Please tell us what a dryer sheet quilt is?

    VGL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty fancy gardening hat I say. Love your quilts and your whimsical style. Spending time with friends is far more important than actually finishing something. Besides laughter adds length of life so now you have lots more time to finish your dryer sheet quilt. :o)
    Marvelous May to you my dear...

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.