Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Weekly Zentangle Challenges

Eeek! I got behind on last week's Zentangle challenge. So my theory is better late than never.

Zentangle Challenge #8 - we were to incorporate two of the previous challenges into this Zentangle and also create a heart. My result is the heart below. I started out with orbs, which was challenge #5, and then I got stuck...hence my lateness with this challenge. So I am declaring the second part of this challenge as simplicity, which was challenge #1.


Zentangle Challenge #9 - we are to use a new tangle that our hostess created and named after her son. The tangle is called Artoo. My result is below and the Artoo design is the seed pod/leafy looking design on the left hand side.


Sometimes I have such a hard time coming up with these Zentangle pieces and then other times I just whip them out. Sigh! I guess that's why they are called challenges.

15 comments:

  1. This is very fine! Know what you mean about days when we can, and days when we believe we can't! I love the way each of us is taking the new Artoo tangle and adding little personal touches......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only just recently 'discovered' zentangles, and I'm completely enthralled... I love the second design with the seed pod; especially the visual interest with separation of the two "sides" so to speak! Very attractive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are terrific at these. I too really like the second one. Love the plant life !

    auntie jude

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are wonderful. I need to get back on track with these.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very delicate "Artoo" I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool Terri.I love it!

    Someone mentioned Zentangle on one of my recent posts. I did a vertual crazy quilt, drawing with my Bamboo. It does look a bit like the Zentangles. It can be addictive, doodling like that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whether these were slow to arrive or quick off the pen, the end results were worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the way the second one has the left side nest into the right side. Very dramatic

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like that second one and could see printing that out on fabric and using it as a background. It looks like netting that could "capture" all sorts of good stuff:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Artoo tangelations are lovely. The graphic pods are great and your white space lets the viewer (me) breathe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very creative. I was going to do the one last week. I haven't done any of the challenges, so when I saw that we had to use two previous ones,I misinterpreted it to mean ones that I had done, not just a general use two of the concepts. Have to learn to think out of the box more frequently. Will go look at this weeks challenge and make one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love both of these. I LOVE the 'chunky' heart and the way you made the artoo tangle your own.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love them! 'Tis funny - "simplicity" was chosen by quite a few of us for #8 (grin). That Artoo tile - very special. One of my fave renditions of Artoo all week. Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.