Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Zentangled Gourd


I used to grow gourds in my garden. I did it for several years, trying different varieties of gourds. They take up a lot of room. They are a vining plant, much like watermelon and cucumbers.

I quit vegetable gardening some years back and since I had so many dried gourds stored all over the place, I decided I didn't need to grow them either. I live on 10 acres of property so if at some point I decide I want to grow them again, I can create a new gourd garden space...since I've converted the former vegetable garden into a flower garden.

Anyway, I decided to play with a gourd a few days ago and so I started adding some color to it. Then I couldn't help myself and started zentangling all over it too. It's still a work in process...I need to get some fixative spray on it so that I can add some more layers.

14 comments:

  1. This is lovely and somehow zentangle and a natural object like gourd seem to go together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is stunning. I think you are onto something!

    auntie jude

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Terri! This is a wonderful piece and I love your gourd story!! Keep 'em coming!! Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Terri. What did you use to get those stunning colors?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is hysterical! If it isn't moving you can Zentangle on it. The cats and your husband better keep one eye open when they are sleeping:)

    Seriously though-I have seen some beautiful gourd art. Not colored like this but with the graphic designs. I think you got a great combination with both effects:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love to see the Zentangling over the colour it just adds SO much dimension!
    Gorgeous!

    I Zenned my pumpkin at halloween :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just fabulous!! Organic and graphic at the same time - well done..... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love gourds....their shapes are always so whimsical. I have heard of zintangling but now I think I might have to try it on something.

    ReplyDelete
  9. http://gourdartenthusiasts.ning.com/
    Terri, you might want to check out this site
    if you aren't already familiar with it.
    Your gourd is lovely.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.