Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Home Made Gift Tags


Today and tomorrow I am going to be getting things ready for the Christmas holiday. I'm busy with some baking and food preparation and also getting gifts ready. Wrapping and tagging is what I have left to do.

Today I made some zen-doodled gift tags. I doodled these on 140 lb. watercolor paper. I had first removed the paper from the wire binding, carefully so as not to rip the holes in the edge of the paper. That way I can use those holes to add some ribbon to attach the tag to the gift.

You may remember that over the past month or two I had been knitting scarves for gifts. Today I also created a label to attach to the scarves so that the recipients will know how to care for them.

We've been getting snowed on a lot lately and while it is lovely to look at, I'm about ready to say "Hey, please no more snow, thank you very much." And yesterday, I had a mishap in the house. Yes, a house can be a very dangerous place. You never know when the corner of the couch is going to stick out and smack you in the toe. OWWW! I am now sporting a slightly swollen fourth toe, in many lovely shades of purple. I don't know if it's broken, but it sure felt like it yesterday. Today the pain is better and I can walk better, but it still hurts if bent too much.

So I hope your holiday preparations are going smoothly and safely. If you are looking for a last minute gift to make, check out Vicki's Sugar Maple Placemats. They are divine! Oh, and please check out the new and improved 3 Creative Studios web site. We made some changes and hope you approve. If you have a link to 3 Creative Studios, please note that the web url has changed and if you would be so kind to update your link, we'd very much appreciate it.

12 comments:

  1. I'm updated, Terri. I hear you about the snow; pretty but deep! Brilliant tags. Ouch, bet ya said 'mistletoe' when it connected with the couch. Have a fantastic family time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terri, love the gift tags. Very cool.

    Ouch for your toe, I broke my little toe a couple of years ago and it hurt really bad - nothing to be done about it - just rest.

    I will look at the new link soon.

    Happy Holidays and thanks for all the sharing this year. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super idea for the gift tags! They're every bit as wonderful as the gifts themselves.

    Hey, it's time to lay down, put your foot up, and have someone wait on you -- you have several good reasons, and one of them is sticking out from your foot.

    Merry Christmas.

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your doodle tags.
    I could compare purple toes. I almost always have shoes on and on the one night I didn't I met a chair with my middle toe. The toenail area is all purple so I don't know if I'll lose the nail or not. It stopped hurting after the 4th or 5th day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely gift tags. They'll certainly make your gift very special.

    I hope you have a very Merry Christmas.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! These are great. I will have to think of something similar for next year. You already have my brain working on it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your tangle tags. They are very creative and really make an additional gift to the gift they tag. Happy Holly Jolly Joy to you...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful gift tags. Wishing you a beautiful holiday season. We are being hit with snow and freezing rain. Over the river and through the woods ... is going to be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry about the toe. I bet that hurts a lot (and I bet that is an understatement!).

    Clever use of those holes too in the paper-why reinvent the wheel?

    Your zentangles look great, by the way:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your tags! So sorry about your toe, sure hope it isn't broken and heels super quickly. Everything looks great at 3 Creative Studios, will get a link done and I can keep up easier. Happy Holidays Terri!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice tags Terri. Sorry about your toe - I know how much that would hurt! Hope it gets better soon. And I'll update my bookmark for 3 Creative Studios.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, Love the gift tags. Your new quilt pattern is very pretty. When will you do more faces? I love those faces!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.