Tuesday, November 2, 2010

That Time of Year

Every year, around this time, I get the niggling to do something with yarn. Usually it's knitting. I know how to crochet and I am more experienced at crochet than I am at knitting, probably because I've crocheted for years. I've crocheted many things, from small blankets to lace doilies...but knitting intrigues me more. Perhaps it's a need to conquer it, or perhaps not. Anyway, I pulled out the yarns and the needles and started a scarf.


I'm thinking scarves just may be Christmas gifts this year. We'll see. I had been knitting on the beginnings of a cardigan, but that has sort of been set aside for now.

4 comments:

  1. Those will be some lucky Christmas recipients! Very fun, modern combination and lovely!

    auntie jude

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, Terri. I'm trying to resist this whole new hobby. Looks great but I'm looking at from as far back as I can get! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last year was bowls, right? Scarves will be nice! I"m doing placemats, coasters, journal covers and some dyed beach towels....I think!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too! Last winter, when I was pregnant, I had the urge to make baby hats and jackets. Sizing on those was a little tricky for me (a beginner), so I think I'll stick with scarves!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.