Saturday, July 24, 2010

Screens

I spent a couple of hours today making some new screens for screen printing. I use a product called PhotoEZ to create my screens. I had some PhotoEZ left over from last year and thought I better get it used up. When I pulled out the instruction sheet I read that it should be used within an approximate six-month time frame and if storing it, it should be stored in the refrigerator. EEEEEEK! I didn't follow the directions very well as I've had this stuff around a year and I had it on a shelf in one of my cupboards.

Well I am happy to say it worked perfectly! Yay! I made six new screens today and I still have a couple of unused sheets left. I need to figure out yet what kind of image I want for the last two sheets. I'm hoping to do that within a few days.

Here are the images I did today. These are my digital images, I haven't yet tested the screens themselves to see how they print.

This first image is something I created in Photoshop. I started with one diamond shape and then repeated it. Next I used a Photoshop "brush" to add the distressed look.

Next is an image I manipulated in Photoshop. This image came from a photograph I took of a square flower pot I have outside that has a raised or embossed image on the side.

This next image is from another photograph from my garden. It is a succulent plant that I think is called Hen and Chicks or something like that.

Next is an image I manipulated in Photoshop. This image started out as a photograph of a glass dome ceiling.

This next image is one I created from corrugated cardboard. I peeled the top layer off one side of the cardboard and was left with the ridges. Then I took a piece of copy paper and did a charcoal rubbing. I sprayed the rubbing with a fixative and then scanned it into my computer. I manipulated it in Photoshop and this is the result.

And last is a drawing I created online with a cool drawing program. It's called Scribbler Too and is so fun to play with. After I saved the drawing to my computer I manipulated it in Photoshop. I'm not sure how this one will print with all those fine lines, but we'll find out.

10 comments:

  1. Wow, that is all amazingly cool. Can't wait to see where all this takes you.

    auntie jude

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. These are fantastic! You've got such a great sense of style. I am eager to see these peeking out in your work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't forget to show us the printed result!

    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are fabulous Terri! I'll be looking forward to seeing what you do with these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great, Terri. I need to read up on this. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the last image the best. This one truly is a Terri Stegmiller image. I can really see your style pop out in this one. Any 'mark making' an artist does for themselves really speaks for them. I look forward to seeing what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like them all, but yes, the last one is fantastic. I hope it will print well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. awesome! I'm still waiting for some good sun so I can do mine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh cool, can't wait to see how you use these... they're gonna be fun!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.