Friday, March 5, 2010

Creative Cues 8 & 9

I'm a week behind on my sketches for Creative Cue. Up first is last week's cue theme of "cookie". I had been thinking on and off about how I could portray a cookie. I mostly kept focusing on the yummy kind of cookies, you know, like chocolate chip and sugar cookies. I just couldn't get excited about trying to draw one. But then, last evening I typed "cookie" in a Flickr search and one of the ideas that came up was a fortune cookie. Wham! That's what I wanted to draw. So here's my interpretation of the fortune cookie photo I found.

 

This week's cue is "stem". I love flowers, and flowers have stems, right? So I drew some flower stems, minus the flowers. You are supposed to imagine the flowers at the end of the stems.

 

There, I feel better getting caught up with my Creative Cue drawings. I wanted to share a bit of news I learned recently. I found out that a quilt I submitted to Fantastic Fibers 2010 was juried in. I am very happy and excited about that. Here is the web site with more information on the Fantastic Fibers show: http://www.theyeiser.org.

Indian Orange Peel update: I now have 14 blocks done, up one from the post earlier this week. 11 more to go.

Happy weekend everyone!

10 comments:

  1. Congrats on your quilt being selected for the show!
    I like your flower stems, and I like the flower pot too. It would be even nicer bonded with blue fabric scraps. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the juried quilt.

    I like your interpretations of the cues -- the stems reminded me of that scene in the Adams Family where Morticia is snipping the roses off and arranging the stems in a vase. I wish I had thought of that earlier...

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool cue's and congrats on getting into Fantastic Fibers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the show acceptance. Maybe it has something to do with the fortune in your cookie.
    I like the stem picture. You don't need a new picture (or bouquet) for it to be seasonal. Just imagine a differant kind of flower as the year goes on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your juried quilt! And doesn't it feel good to be caught up on your other creative endeavors?!

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great drawings for Cookie and Stem. Very simple but right to the point. Happy creating...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats all the way round then! Can't wait to see what you enetered.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on the Fiber show acceptance! And I enjoy your cue doodles!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the juried quilt - that's such great news! And thanks for sharing your drawings :)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.