Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Bubble Wrap in the Garden

Woo hoo! I finished this quilt. Just put the final stitches in the binding last evening. I still need to block it however. It measures approximately 45" square.

 

Here's the back. I like how the extra blocks dress it up and almost give it a reversible look. I took the photo without a flash so you could see the quilted texture better.

  

I quilted it in an overall circular design. I love how this looks. After the quilting was completed, I tossed the quilt into the washer and dryer to bring up the texture.

  

Every time I look at it, it reminds me of bubble wrap. Here I just had to see if it would pop.

 

The fabric is part of a line called Garden Song by Nancy Halvorson. Since the completed quilting looks like bubble wrap, I dubbed the quilt Bubble Wrap in the Garden. It sounds sort of like the name for a song, doesn't it? Come on, hum a few bars with me!

19 comments:

  1. I love the circular quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pebble quilting!

    Do you always block, or in what situations?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh goodness, I love this, particularly the back. Your pebbles are so even, they're all the same size! Wow! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors of this quilt. It is so soft and sophisticated. Really nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous. I love the quilting and the back is so mod!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the quilting - great job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wish I could see this in person...
    and then snag it from you to cuddle under. ;-)

    I really like the simplicity and how your quilting has given it a great presence with all that texture.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a nice job on a nice quilt, Terry. Very nicely quilted.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A cute name for a very cute quilt! Does this one have a home?

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a pretty quilt. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those bubbles are just perfect. I really like how this one turned out:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This quilt tickles my heart -- and I'm not usually a pastel person. I just love the playfulness of it!

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super quilt! Did you expect the "bubble wrap" effect or was it a pleasant surprise once you washed the quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome! I love the back - very nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love both the colour & rexture ......... so tactile!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This quilt is a delight, terri, from the colors to the texture, to the pattern - and the back is the icing on the cake! I'm not a quilter, but looking at this - maybe some day!!
    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE, Love, love this quilt! Like the name you chose for it too :)

    auntie jude

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful quilt made even more amazing by the texture of the quilting!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.