Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Page 407

There I am in the new book 500 Art Quilts....page 407.



The quilt they selected of mine for the book is a paper quilt and the quilt is coming across a bit dark on the page. Here is where I first posted about this quilt.

My book arrived yesterday and last evening I flipped through the pages and just loved all the wonderful quilts that were in it. I enjoyed how Lark placed some of the quilts on facing pages. Some of the quilts were occasionally arranged on facing pages by similar theme, and also by similar colors. One page spread that I love because of how the colors of the quilts coordinate is pages 312-313. And another page spread I enjoyed was pages 336-337, because the two quilts shown have a leaf theme and the colors are quite similar. There are many instances throughout the book with this type of thing going on and I found it enjoyable. I hope Lark considers doing a series of this book theme, perhaps every few years.

I completed my next quilt for the Twelve by Twelve group. The theme this time around is blue and white and black, chosen by Francoise. All along I was constructing the quilt my goal was for a February 1 reveal. Well I recently found out that our next reveal isn't until March 1. Oh well...I don't mind that I finished early.

While I was working on my blue/white/black quilt...I was doing some free-motion quilting on it and at one point flipped it over to snip some threads and found this:


Argh! I hate it when that happens. Some blue fabric scraps stuck to the back of the batting and I didn't notice them before stitching. Well they are now cleverly hidden within the depths of my quilt as I was about to sit there and pick out those threads to remove them. Have you ever done this? This wasn't my first time doing it. You think a person would live and learn, but nooooooo!

25 comments:

  1. Can't wait to get my copy of that book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your paper quilt being published in the 500 Art Quilts book!
    Tee hee! When I first saw the picture of your quilting mistake - I thought you were working on some really cool new idea - then read the text. You might need to explore this 'new technique' as a quit top!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! That's very exciting! (The book part, not the oops part.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one book that I do plan on getting. I do like Lark publications.

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATULATIONS!
    Will have to buy a copy of that book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Terri. Aw, but haven't we all opps'd at some time or the other!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats, Terri! I can't wait to get the book!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's beautiful, Terri. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hate when that happens!! Your quilt looks lovely in the book!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your page 407 appearance! That is fabulous! And yes, I have sewn my way to the exact same oopsy daisy as you did. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations!!! I'll be watching for the book once it's out- definitely on my to-buy list.

    Yes, I've done that - stitch some extras into a piece at the machine! You could write a cute little message and leave it there, should anyone find it there for some reason down the road.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How exciting. It looks wonderful. The blue scraps add character.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the layout in the book. Your Blue-mers looks so nice next to the leaves. Big congrats!!!!

    auntie jude

    PS The blue scraps are like a "secret" sewn into your quilt...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations, Terri! The Lark piece is a wonderful one -- I love it!

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  15. oups... I was just going to say: what a lovely start for a quilt with these 3 blue scraps...
    You know I'm ever so fond of your abstracts.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on the book & I would leave the scraps on the back --makes for some interest and conversation.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations Terri! Love the quilt...my favorite colors:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations Terri!! and yes, about the oops... Unfortunately I quilted my Supreme Slider right onto the back of something:(

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats on getting in the book - that's great. And as far as the oops - yes, I've done that - but I quilt through the backing too, so when I've done it, it shows! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats, Terri!

    I've never had scraps get caught in my quilting, but have had backing that folded back from the corner that ended up quilted that way without my noticing. Then, you really do have to remove the stitches (grrrrrrr).

    ReplyDelete
  21. You should just say that you meant to do that and that it is "artistic"! LOL!

    Congrats again on the book-I bet that was just like candy:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations on getting published again Terri. It must be really exciting to see your work in print!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I ordered my copy when you first mentioned it. Hope it arrives soon. My 2 favorite artists side by side...no kidding. I adore Nancy Cook too !

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh yes, I have done that too - very recently, when I was frantically trying to finish a quilt for a Christmas gift to friends. I apparently had grabbed a bit of the entire quilt sandwich underneath the part I was THREAD PAINTING (!!!! groan!)so you can imagine the time it took to rip out those stitches (a mere 6 hours or so!). Glad I'm not the only one . . .

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.