Friday, December 18, 2009

Sewing Along


I made a little progress on this quilt this week. I lengthened the borders and then attached them to the central section.

Every time I look at this piece, I'm reminded of/or think of watermelons. I've kind of got two names going around in my head for this one so far. Watermelon Bubblegum and Watermelon Slices. I imagine one of these will stick more than the other by the time I'm done, hopefully. Or, perhaps another will sneak into my brain and tease me.

I think I want to add more to this quilt. I am thinking along the lines of some black and white fabrics and some more painted fabrics like in the center. I ran out of one of those paint colors though, but never fear, it should appear at my door today or tomorrow and then I can get some more painted up for this quilt.

Did you realize that Christmas is one week from today? Happy Weekend!

13 comments:

  1. The black and white will really explode against these bright colors! But it looks fantastic as it is, too, Terri!

    Having a hard time with the concept of Christmas looming so perilously close...a very hard time (laughing)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely like the borders all the way around, this is a great looking quilt Terri! It makes me think of warm summer days sitting on the deck with a big bowl of fresh fruit. How about "summer slices"?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This quilt is just beautiful! These are two of my favorite colors. You could call it Raspberry Limeade. Although, the reference to watermelon is perfect too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No Ho, ho, ho's yet for me. My son had a car crash last weekend. He'll get a new car with help from parents.. Now it's snowing... just drive carefully...
    How about "Seedless" for the title? Needs a green binding. Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This quilt just makes me smile. A very lovely design concept.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's wonderful, Terri -- I love the strength but delicacy of the wispy black lines in the center squares. I think adding b&w to the border would be good but don't let the black be too strong to overpower those center lines -- that's my thought. Can't wait to see where this goes next!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a great quilt.Thanks for commenting on mine tt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking good! Black and white fabrics could add even more fun. Hope you do just that. By the way, I see that you said the middle fabrics are painted. I am thinking of switching the paints that I use. Can you tell me what paints you used in the center blocks?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the sashing much more on this version because it doesn't overpower the delicate and lovely curving motif in the center. It looks braided, too, which is a very neat effect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Makes me think of summer, which is especially inviting with the weather all around us right now. I'd keep working on it as long as you can to keep evoking thoughts of warm weather and watermelon. Great colors!

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that big border, and I love how you've circled the quilt with it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the border and your names fit perfectly whichever one you decide to use. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this quilt Terri! It looks great...it would fit right in down here in Florida!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.