Monday, November 2, 2009

Something Done

I've finished with this quilt. Well, okay, maybe not totally. I've still got the hanging sleeve to do. The sleeve is created and pinned onto the back of the quilt, all I need to do is tack it in place. Oh and I need to block the quilt yet too.

I've named the quilt Here's Looking at You Cat. Sue gets credit for coming up with the name.


I've made a start on a new quilt. I've been wanting to work in a more abstract way and so I'm hoping to create a few quilts to see if I can get the hang of it and if I like it. So here's my start.


I think this quilt will be a sort of "experiment as I go" kind of process. I don't know where this will end up. Did you notice I'm using one of my two-color fabric gradations??

13 comments:

  1. I have discovered that working abstracting as you go is not as easy as it looks! Good Luck with your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way the cat is peaking up from the bottom of the quilt! Too cute!

    Looks like your abstract quilt is off to a good start!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cat! This one came out great, Terri. And the abstract one is starting off well. I agree with Debra: working this way proved too challenging for me, but it looks like you've got the hang of it. Good luck!

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL Love the name for the new piece.

    Working in abstract is both freeing and frightening. Because there are no "rules" to follow, you can often feel both reckless in your construction and/or paralyzed by the vast number of options available to you. I'll be interested to hear about your experiences. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have discovered that I am not capable of working abstractly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the cat piece and I really like the direction you're headed in with the new piece.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cat quilt is cute and the abstract quilt is looking fun!The circles are great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Speaking in an abstract way...LOL!

    I like the repitition of the circles in different sizes and forms. Good idea. The colors are lovely too, of course! I would guess there is a difference between working impulsively only versus working on the fly, abstractly, still with some sort of a plan in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tell Sue "bravo" for the quilt name. It couldn't be better!

    I really like the new contemporary quilt you are making. Looks like it is going in a very fun direction. Looking forward to seeing where you take it :)

    auntie jude

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, Terri, I LOVE your "here's looking at you" quilt. As always, your pieces cheer and inspire me. I love your color and design and the sheer CHARM of your work. The new piece looks like it will be wonderful, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Terri, you always do such lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. great name. And I've also been trying the abstract thing... not so successfully - it's hard. I love your start.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.