Monday, November 30, 2009

Cuppla Projects

Over the weekend I worked on two new projects. One is done, the first one shown. Both of these pieces are themes which I seem to do over and over. I guess that means I like them maybe? Or perhaps it's because I'm comfortable creating them? Hmmm, wonder if I should break out of the box.

This is a small wall hanging that is made from scraps mostly. The light colored inner section was a cut-off from another project and had been laying around on the work table for too long. The batting on the back/teal section was a scrap, as were the fabrics I used to create the vase, flower, and stem.

Scribble Flower
17" x 8.25"


The next project is a similar process to a few other quilts I've created recently, just in a small version. My next step on this one is to add color to the surface.


Today I have to run some errands and then I'm hoping to make a start on a Christmas gift. I'm also in the process of working on a mixed-media triptych painting for my son. He's been decorating his apartment lately and wanted me to create some wall art for him. So I'm doing something on gallery wrapped canvas. I'll show you those another day.

I received some very exciting news on Friday. I got an envelope from Road to California, and inside they told me that my quilt entry, Stirring Thoughts, was accepted into their show. I was so happy to read that, I was jumping up and down for joy. The show is held January 14-17, 2010, at the Ontario Convention Center in Ontario, CA. I so wish I could go to see it hang there.

18 comments:

  1. Both are really cut Terri! I really love the kitty...looking forward to seeing it after you add the color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Terri! That's great news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations... California would be nice in the middle of winter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your "Stirring Thoughts"! I loved that piece!

    I really like the way you did the stem on your "Scribble Flower" here. Refreshing and unexpected.

    Please do show us on another day the art work you are making for your son and his abode!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Terri! I love your weekend pieces! I have always loved your cat faces.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the flower piece and WHOOOHOOOO on the CA news!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are great Terri and I'm doing the happy dance for and with you. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really nice use of scraps :)Congrats on "Stirring Thoughts" and boy, Jerad is going to be a lucky guy!

    hugs.
    auntie jude

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats, Terri, so happy to hear about your entry into Stirring Thoughts! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Delightful post. I love flowers and I also love cats. Your quilts are beautiful.

    And, CONGRATULATIONS on being accepted into Road. I can't wait to see your quilt at this show! Yippee!

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful news!

    Hey, I think when you do some of the sames themes again and again that you just aren't finished "talking" about them yet:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations, Terri! Can we see a photo of the quilt? You must be on Cloud 9!

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely work and congrats on being accepted in the show. I've always wanted to go to that show.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's great news Terri! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great pieces Terri and congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Terri..so sorry to have gotten the wrong link...fixed it right away. Hope it will send some folks your way. Again my appologies. Sarah

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.