Monday, November 16, 2009

Block 3 and Freebies

There is a new Block of the Month out at Two Creative Studios. Block 3 is the Bird of Paradise. Here are the two versions I made.


You'll also find two new free projects at Two Creative Studios. One of those free projects is the fabric dyeing that I shared here recently. I dyed ten half-yard pieces in one bucket and achieved some fabulous results. The free project shares how I did that.


Another new free project, Fiber Collage Art Cards, is one that Sue created and uses up scraps from other projects.

6 comments:

  1. Two great projects... I've been meaning to find time to do the dye-in-a-jar method, the results are startling. Can't wait to give it a whirl. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely blocks and the dye projects are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the freebies -- can't wait to try them!

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stuff, thanks! In the dyeing tutorial--do you put the colors in in a particular order? (such as lightest first or last?) holme9 at gmail.com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tutorials - your dyeing and Sue's cards! Dare I make one bucket dyeing my first attempt?! I think you did a fabulous job on your quilt below!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Bird of Paradise pattern is the one used in the ALS Raffle Quilt! I was so thrilled to see the pattern and what you did with it. Beautiful. To see the raffle quilt (and maybe by some tickets -- hint, hint) check out www.subversivestitch.blogspot.com

    Happy Thanksgiving!!!

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.