Thursday, September 3, 2009

New Stuff

I've been busy this week with computer work and haven't gotten into the studio. I was so bound and determined to create something today that I just took the time and reacquainted myself with my favorite room in my house. I decided I would make something small so that I could finish it and feel a sense of accomplishment.

Well I got so consumed with my project that I totally forgot to take a shower. Ewwww! Luckily it's just me and the cats for the time being. Here is my completed project.


A mini quilt that I mounted to mat board. You may remember these fabrics from my post dated August 27. I thought perhaps they'd look nice together in something. Well they were still laying around wanting to play together so I grabbed them up and started cutting and stitching. It has a sheer flower that I made with several layers of organza and I added beads to the center. I used a novelty yarn for the stem.

Then, while looking through some boxes for something, I came across these two knit clutches I made. I had completely forgotten about them. Does this happen to you? Well I made them perhaps a year ago. They are knitted from some of my handspun yarns and slightly felted. I lined them with cotton fabric and added the fabric flap with Velcro closure.


All of the above is now appearing in my etsy shop. Ok, I'm off to take a shower after I go see what the UPS man, who just pulled into my driveway, is bringing me!

11 comments:

  1. I like your mini quilt!

    Sometimes it's just easier (and better) to dive into a smaller new project, rather than get tangled up in other preexisting ones. Sometimes it's just easier to dive into working on something, and worry about the shower later! I can relate to your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of the continuous online classes, which should be helpful for me in scheduling time to take one! Thanks for doing that!
    And about forgetting things - your post just reminded me, that I put wool in the washing machine to felt - last night! LOL I better go check on it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's fun to occasionally get so involved in a project that you forget to eat, sleep or bathe! But you really should take a shower tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terri, I want your mad sewing skills- I love those bags, and the art quilt is just darling. Feels good to start the week running and end it with results, I know. :D

    On occasion, I find odd things that I did in the past. Some of them make me think, "Why in the world did I ever do this?" but sometimes there's treasure in those storage bins, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a pretty color combination in the mini quilt!! i've often stayed int he art room all day in my pajamas without taking a shower. true creative inspiration is rarely clean, hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  6. great colors in that mini quilt and the flower is a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this and the little clutches are great....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those colors do play well together!

    I love getting so involved that I forget to do other things like showering or eating. Reminds me of being a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is there anything you can't do? Love it all, especially the clutch bags. Your own handspun yarn? amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The art quilt is beautiful, Terri. I love all the colors, textures and design. You are a true artist and I love that you named and signed the quilt. Very professional!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How in the world did I miss that you were a guest blogger on Subversive Stitchers? I have been like hermit in a cave all week, working my tail off- so sorry... congrats!! Now I'm gonna go read it. :D

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.