Saturday, August 29, 2009

Doodle Tools


Many of you asked similar questions in yesterday's blog post comments, so I thought I'd answer them here.

You may remember that I took an online class called Calligra-FUN by Martha Lever. Well that was where I learned the basic letter shapes for the lettering I'm doing in these doodles I've been making. I have really just written the letters and then embellished them further with my pens. So that is how I'm doing the lettering.

As for which pens I use, the photo above shows the assortment I've been using for my doodles. I really like the four-pack of Pitt pens by Faber-Castell because each tip is a different size and I like that I have a choice, depending on the effect I want.

Also in the photo is my latest doodle. I'm undecided as to whether to fill in the center white space with something.

I'd like to thank all of you who visit me. Your presence here makes me happy. I appreciate all your comments and very much enjoy when you leave one.

Have a fabulous weekend!!!

11 comments:

  1. A cool initial would be neat in the circle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought a four pack of the Pitt pens, I'm enjoying them. I love your doodles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you might be onto something with your doodles and sayings....
    maybe a line of greeting cards for all of us to buy? Just love them :)

    auntie jude

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd leave the space inside empty! It has so much expression like this.
    About mutual comments: Same to you. You must be an awfully nice person.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been loving your text since you took the class, and the doodles are the icing on the cake. They're both awesome!

    I fell in love with text a couple of decades ago when two things happened in my life: 1) I discovered I liked to write humor, and 2) I had a job as a word processor. I've come to the conclusion that I HAVE to take this Calligra-Fun class ASAP.

    I have put text on my quilts a few times but I've never had a method of doing so that I was completely comfortable with so I often skip it. This Calligra-Fun might just be the thing I need!

    Thanks for sharing your text and doodles. They're very inspiring!
    D~~~~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it funny the way something grabs hold of you and you find yourself focusing more and more on it... I LOVE the doodles you're doing and they're adding great dimension to your quilts, too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's always such a pleasure to stop by your blog, Terri. Always something going on, often times something completely new - you really inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would leave the space empty, almost as a statement.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So Terri... I'm at Fabrications.. your piece is wonderful! I just love the stitching! Talk soon! I'm so excited for this class.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you had a fantastic weekend! and your doodle looks pretty fabulous--makes me want to break out sharpie markers and get going with a doodle of my own.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Pitt Pens are my very favorite. They do so well with watercolors also.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.