Saturday, June 13, 2009

Amazed and Baffled

I am so amazed that last weekend we were having temperatures in the 30s, and getting slushy rain. Today we are into the 80s and I'm wearing shorts.

The first two photos show some textured surfaces that I added color to yesterday. The top one is Neocolor II crayons and textile medium and the blue one below is Dye-Na-Flow.


My mail delivery person brought me a package today. I ordered some art supplies and I could only find one supplier who had the colors I was looking for. This was the first time I had ordered from this company and, well, I was quite baffled to see this box. Baffled, because I knew what was inside. See that little bubble wrapped pouch in front of the box? That is the supplies I ordered. You can see below what was in the bubble wrap.


Okay, am I missing something here? Was there a great need to package this small order in such a huge box? They shipped it priority mail. I know the Post Office has free priority mail boxes and there is a small one that would have worked perfectly in this situation. Sigh! I think it's one of life's little mysteries.

7 comments:

  1. I think you are right - it will be one of life's little mysteries. Unfortunately you will have to get rid of the packaging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't understand the packing either. What a waste. Let's hope the box and bubble wrap were re-uses.

    You work, on the other hand, I understand completely because it is Really Cool! I love the look of paint or crayon on top of a quilted surface.

    We, in MI haven't had 30's, but it's been mid 60's forever. I'm not sure my annuals will ever grow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have GOT to be kidding! What waste! I think I'd call the company. That's just crazy. In a time where "go green' is the theme everywhere, they are wasting this much packaging?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ugh, what a complete waste of packing material! I hate it when companies do that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi. I understand your concern over the packaging, but it is put in place to protect the contents. It looks like your "art supplies" may be wax pastels. Without the extra bubble wrap you may have ended up with one big multi-color "art supply".
    Love your work by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Overpackaging like that really gets my ire up! I might mention it to the company too.

    Love the texture you got in the samples--very nice!

    How's your handwork coming along?

    ReplyDelete
  7. as long as you don't just toss the packaging, I'm not seeing it as wasteful: I like packages that have lots of packing material in them, because I turn around and use it when I mail packages, and I didn't have to spend any money for it...

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.