Saturday, May 30, 2009

More Flowers and Some Stitchin'

Here are a couple more photos from my garden. I seem to have a lot of purples right now.

Aubretia

Grape Hyacinth

I've started the hand stitching on my small quilt. I must confess that I'm highly influenced right now by a marvelous fiber artist. Her name is Jude and her blog is Spirit Cloth. Perhaps you've seen her work. She does all or most of her art by hand with lots and lots of yummy stitching. She recently finished a couple of small pieces with cats on them and by the time I discovered that she sells her work on etsy, it was much too late....they were sold. Pout!


It would appear that this roll of paper towels is defective. Hmmmmm, wonder how that happened. You know, I've never had any trouble with my cats chewing up the toilet paper or other papers in the house, but one day I happened to leave a partial roll of paper towels lying on the floor and evidently it was fair game. Guess I will have to be more careful in the future.

Happy Weekend!!!!

7 comments:

  1. Jude's Spirit Cloth is surely compelling isn't it? I marvel at her work. Where does that vision come from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pictures! Looking forward to seeing the small quilt completely stitched.
    Do you plan to make a paper quilt with this nice piece of toilet paper art?...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those purple flowers. I have never heard of Aubretia. I'll have to look it up.

    I love Jude's stitching. I used to do a lot of hand stitching and going to her blog makes me want to do something with a lot of hand stitching again. (And then my wrist hurts just thinking about it).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will bet you could make yourself a pretty amazing cat quilt, with all your great style and your techniques.

    Funny story about the toilet paper. I have trouble with shoes when I go to my mother's house. One year on Thanksgiving, I slipped my shoes off under the table while we played scrabble. Her two little rat terriers brought one of them outside, and were having a grand time. There was nothing but this little 3 inch piece left after they were through. Glad I don't buy expensive shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous flowers and I love Judes work too. I'm anxious to see this latest quilt your working on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're very lucky with the cats. My one female will pull every inch of toilet paper off the roll if she finds it hanging. I have to keep my TP in little baskets in each bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the idea of the hand work on the pieces combined with machine stitching.

    I had two cats at one point and had to sequestor them in the bathroom while some work in the house was being done. I came back and they had "toilet papered" the bathroom.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.