Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Rusty Tiles


My working name for this quilt is Rusty Tiles. I've got all the machine quilting finished and now it's ready for binding. The background squares are four inches. I didn't sew these blocks like the typical square-in-a-square block is made. I fused my smaller squares down onto the background square.

My Paper Quilting Explorations online workshop begins on Monday, April 27. There's still lots of time to join. You'll find the link over on the right side of the blog if you'd like more information.

Also, this Sunday, April 26, Sue and I will be the featured chatters for the live monthly chat at the Fiber Arts/Mixed Media group. The chat will start at 5:00 p.m. eastern time and we'll be talking about our new book, time management and creativity. I hope you'll join in. It should be a fun time.

13 comments:

  1. Perfect title for your piece! Great looking and would be just as great looking at my house too. I try to use oranges to complement the blues at my house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOH I love this quilt. I love the warm colors and the placement of the different values. That was a neat way to make it, fusing it. I love to piece so much I don't know if I could allow mayself to do that. Great title.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - this piece is beautiful Terri! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought I'd check you out after you left the kind words on my blog -- it has been fun scrolling through your blog! You certainly are prolific!

    I obviously love this piece as I love batiks, but I am also totally digging your "eye of the storm" quilt, cut panels and all. I've pulled a bunch of fabrics for a similar quilt and need to get working on it -- thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your Rusty Tiles hanging. It has a lot of motion as the colors come forward and then recede.
    I'm marking down the time for Sunday and hope to listen to you and Sue on the live chat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this quilt as well and the quilting. I have marked my calendar as well and hope I can listen in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. GREAT quilt! I love the warm, rusty colors. Your title is just perfect, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The quilt is just lovely. One of the things that I love about looking at art is I can appreciate colors that don't necessarily look good on me. This is such an example.

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I'm so jealous:( I think in my past life I was a quilter because I'm obsessed with "wanting" to learn how, but never get to it. One day, one sweet day:)

    Beautiful quilt, and the colors are just perfect. Some of the squares look like they are reflecting light.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rusty Tiles is very cool. It doesn't seem like your colors to me though. It's very much my colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this AND that you fused it? I love it more!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really love this, the colour is wonderful!
    I'd love to have this up on my wall!!!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.