Monday, April 13, 2009

Hey Look! Borders

Over the weekend I added borders to this quilt. Now it's ready to prepare for quilting. I need to get some backing fabric and some batting. I had attempted to do that on Friday but my LQS was closed. How did I know they were closed? Well I drove all the way there, and then when I couldn't open the door, I peered in and saw no people, no lights, no nothing. Just quilting supplies, sitting there all lonely. I didn't get that memo.

I think I'll also look through the thread selection they have to see if there is something that I think would look phenomenal on this quilt. I already have an idea of how I'm going to quilt it. I don't know if it will be easy or a struggle to do it on my short arm, but since I don't have a long arm, then I guess struggle I must.


Also over the weekend, I finished this project. As with many of my projects, they get started and then pushed aside for something I deem more important at the time. This one has been sitting around for two, possibly three months waiting to be finished. It is a shirt. I tell you it's a shirt. Doesn't it look like a shirt? It sure feels like a shirt. Do you believe me that it's a shirt?

front

The pattern is Mismatched Medley by Indygo Junction. The pattern is saying it is an oversized jacket. IT. IS. NOT. A. JACKET. I think it could easily be made a jacket by using heavy fabrics or pre-quilted fabrics, but the pattern really doesn't tell you all that. Anyway, I made my version with quilting cottons. I pretty much followed the directions, but I left a plain sleeve on my shirt and decided to roll it up.

back

The colors of this shirt are actually purple and tan/beige. But for some reason, I am seeing more blue on my computer screen. Hmmm, maybe it's a bluish purple.